An introduction to Evaluating Truth and Credibility
In this course we will see how the face provides a lot of information to help us distinguish truth and lies, together with the other channels:
- Verbal style
- Verbal content
The science of truth and lies comes together into this one-day highly interactive, effective workshop that will feature realistic scenarios for the delegates to test their skills using an adaptation of the original Paul Ekman truth/lie research studies.
[vsw id=”GVG5AwZph-s” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
Following this event you will be able to:
- separate the myths from the science in truth/lie-detection
- apply a comprehensive psychological model to evaluate truth and lies
- outline how the five communication channels can help this process
- recognise macro and micro expressions that are shown on the face
- assess your ability to discriminate between truth and lies
- learn and practice these skills in a safe environment with Paul Ekman approved trainers.
This course has been approved through the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the UK for Continuing Professional Development for Lawyers/Solicitors and others in the legal profession
The session is interactive and you need no previous knowledge in this subject. You will also test yourself at the start and during the training using a micro-expression training tool created by Dr Ekman and by reviewing videos clips and practical truth/lie scenarios.
The course is structured as follows:
- Lies and truth defined
- Science versus myth
- Psychological models for truth and lies
- Emotions – the essentials
- The face and emotions
- Experimental study – applying your skills ‘live’
- Summary and review.
We use a wide range of methods with small group workshops and lively presentations to make this fun, interactive, effective and engaging. We will also be carrying out data driven research on truth and lies during this pilot programme.
Book before March 15, 2013 and get a 20% discount. The fee for the training is EUR 396 plus VAT (20%) giving a total fee of EUR 475,20
After March 15,2013, the registration fee is of EUR 495 plus VAT (20%) giving a total fee of EUR 594
Tax will be automatically added before doing the payment with your credit card.
The course is in English
Morning and afternoon refreshments are provided
This course is organized in collaboration with
Bookings are closed for this event.
This post is also available in: Espanhol