Four day international certification program
Evaluating Truthfulness and Credibility
This program will develop your skill in recognising and responding to the emotions and thinking behind deception. It brings forty years of research to the thinking and emotions involved in truthfulness and deception, and is essential for anyone who wants and needs to be able to evaluate trust.
The program covers the psychological model behind truth and lies, so you can identify ‘hotspots’ – where there is a strain and incongruity between the words, the body language and the emotions because of possible deception.
[vsw id=”EXm6YbXxSYk” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
You will learn to read emotions and possible deceit through the five communication channels:
- Facial expression (Including micro expressions where the emotions are shown on the face for fractions of a second.)
- Voice tone (How voice tone can change when lying.)
- Verbal style (The characteristic pattern of how people speak naturally.)
- Verbal content (Words spoken including slips of the tongue.)
- Body language (How body language reflects thinking and emotion)
There is a good deal of misinformation and confusion about these, especially body language.
This course has only clear, researched and proven science. The course is fast, fun and interactive and extremely practical.
You will learn and practice the skills in a safe environment with a Paul Ekman approved trainer.
There is a graded international certificate on successful completion of the program.
By taking this course you will be able to:
- Increase your observation skills in all five channels – what to look for and how to look for it.
- Identify the importance of baselines and when they occur
- Identify and evaluate clues to lying and truth telling
- Increase your listening skills in all five channels – what to listen for and how to listen for it.
- Increase your active listening and observation skills and use them to evaluate truth and credibility.
- Take a structured approach to the detection of ‘leakage’.
- Be able to recognise micro expressions in others.
- Understand and apply the psychological model of truth and lies.
- Identify and evaluate ‘hotspots’.
- Make and test hypotheses on truth and deception in context.
- Understand the role of memory in truth and deception and use Statement Validity analysis on verbal statements to judge if the events are remembered or constructed.
This course has been approved through the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the UK for Continuing Professional Development for Lawyers/Solicitors and others in the legal profession
Joseph O’Connor is an internationally recognised author, trainer, executive coach and consultant. He has given trainings in over thirty countries.
He is a leading author and trainer in coaching and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Systemic thinking.
He is the author of eighteen books and three audiotapes on Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), training, sales, communication skills, management, coaching and systemic thinking.
His books have been translated into twenty nine languages and have sold over half a million copies worldwide.
His book ‘Introducing NLP’ has been the main reference textbook internationally for NLP for over ten years.
He is co – author with Andrea Lages of two books on coaching
Coaching with NLP (Thorsons 2004 – translated into nine languages)
How Coaching Works (AC Black 2007)
President and Co-Founder of Lambent an InternationalTraining and Consulting company in Sao Paulo and London.
Lambent is the Delivery centre for Ekman trainings in Spain and Portugal.
Co – Founder of the International Coaching Community (ICC)
Director and co founder of the Master Coach Academy.
Co-founder and director of ROI Coaching, specialist coaching for financial executives, and he is Visiting Professor of Coaching, ISCTE University Business School, Lisbon, Portugal.
NLP Master Trainer (International Community of NLP – 2001)
Master Trainer of Coaching (International Coaching Community 2001)
Master Trainer and Life Member (Australian Board of Neurolinguistic Programming 2006)
B.Sc. (Honours) Anthropology from London University
L.R.A.M. from the Royal Academy of Music
England, USA, Denmark, Finland, Germany (Keynote speaker at National Conference), Poland, Sweden, Mexico, Hong Kong, Singapore, Czech Republic, Turkey, Tunisia, Austria, New Zealand (Keynote speaker at national NLP conference), Argentina, Chile, Australia (keynote speaker at the international NLP conference) and Brazil.
Joseph was the first European Trainer to give NLP seminars in Chile.
He was the first NLP trainer to give public NLP seminars in the Czech Republic.
He was awarded the medal of the Singapore National Community Leadership institute for his work in training and consultancy in 1996.
– Citibank – Creating a coaching culture and executive coaching.
– Panama Canal Authority – Team Coaching
– British Telecom – Team building and setting up new business units.
– UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organisation) – systems thinking training and consultancy in quality management for development programs.
– Noble Oil – diversity coaching
– British Airways – sales training and consultancy
– HP Invent –Training consultants and executive coaching.
– Petrobras – Developing Competencies
– BAX Global – Coaching
– Arlington Consultants – Change management initiatives
– Interbrew – leadership and team development.
E mail: email@example.com
Andrea Lages is an executive coach, author, consultant, and internationally respected coaching trainer.
She has trained coaches from more than 30 countries; she participated as a trainer and co-creator in a Post Graduate course in Executive Coaching for Derby University in England for Company Presidents and CEOs.
She is co-founder of the International Coaching Community – ICC (2001) and an ICC Master Trainer, co-founder and CEO of Lambent do Brasil.
Andrea designs and runs management development, training, coaching, customer service training, team building, applying Coaching and Systemic Thinking in practical ways within organizations.
Andrea is co-author of ‘Coaching with NLP – How to become a Master Coach’ and
‘How Coaching Work’s’ published in the UK by AC Black. This book was recommended for the Financial Times “Best Business Book of 2007″ Award.
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book before May 20, 2014 and get a 20% discount. The fee for the training is £1584 plus VAT (20%) giving a total fee of £1900
After May 20,2014 the registration fee is of £1980 plus VAT (20%) giving a total fee of £2396
Tax will be automatically added before doing the payment with your credit card.
The course is in English
Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch are provided
Bookings are closed for this event.
This post is also available in: Espanhol