Four day international certification program
Evaluating Truthfulness and Credibility
This program will develop your skill in recognising and responding to the emotions and thinking behind deception. It brings forty years of research to the thinking and emotions involved in truthfulness and deception, and is essential for anyone who wants and needs to be able to evaluate trust.
The program covers the psychological model behind truth and lies, so you can identify ‘hotspots’ – where there is a strain and incongruity between the words, the body language and the emotions because of possible deception.
[vsw id=”EXm6YbXxSYk” source=”youtube” width=”425″ height=”344″ autoplay=”no”]
You will learn to read emotions and possible deceit through the five communication channels:
- Facial expression (Including micro expressions where the emotions are shown on the face for fractions of a second.)
- Voice tone (How voice tone can change when lying.)
- Verbal style (The characteristic pattern of how people speak naturally.)
- Verbal content (Words spoken including slips of the tongue.)
- Body language (How body language reflects thinking and emotion)
There is a good deal of misinformation and confusion about these, especially body language.
This course has only clear, researched and proven science. The course is fast, fun and interactive and extremely practical.
You will learn and practice the skills in a safe environment with a Paul Ekman approved trainer.
There is a graded international certificate on successful completion of the program.
By taking this course you will be able to:
- Increase your observation skills in all five channels – what to look for and how to look for it.
- Identify the importance of baselines and when they occur
- Identify and evaluate clues to lying and truth telling
- Increase your listening skills in all five channels – what to listen for and how to listen for it.
- Increase your active listening and observation skills and use them to evaluate truth and credibility.
- Take a structured approach to the detection of ‘leakage’.
- Be able to recognise micro expressions in others.
- Understand and apply the psychological model of truth and lies.
- Identify and evaluate ‘hotspots’.
- Make and test hypotheses on truth and deception in context.
- Understand the role of memory in truth and deception and use Statement Validity analysis on verbal statements to judge if the events are remembered or constructed.
This course has been approved through the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the UK for Continuing Professional Development for Lawyers/Solicitors and others in the legal profession
With experience in training of many technical and soft-skills areas with a specialism in subtle interpersonal communication. Aaron has passion for the intricate nuances of human communication and has spoken professionally at many venues on subjects in this area.
As a Certified FACS Coder, Aaron is trained to spot even the smallest and most subtle of movements in the human face for the purposes of scientific research or as part of a larger behavioural analysis.
Aaron is the Director of Semita Veritas Ltd, a business that aims to increase understanding & awareness of behaviour on a subtle level, providing tools to help others lead a more successful personal and/or business life. Being aware of our own as well as other peoples behaviour can lead to more fulfilling relationships in all parts of our lives.
Aaron Garner is also an Approved Trainer for Paul Ekman International (PEI) plc. PEI are the sole providers of training on the science and research that has been pooled together over no less than 40 years on the subject of human emotion, facial expressions and deception. This research has been carried out by Dr Paul Ekman, author of many books on the subject and specialist consultant for the FOX TVs hit drama series “Lie To Me”.
– Certified NLP Practitioner (Neurolinguistic Programming)
– Certified FACS Coder (Facial Action Coding System)
– Job Analysis & Competency Design
– Public/Keynote Speaking (Chartered Member of Toastmasters International)
– Communication Skills,
– Personal Development Coaching,
– Evaluating Truthfulness & Credibility
– Emotional Skills & Competencies
– Presentation Skills,
– Technical Property Damage Restoration
He is a leading author and trainer in coaching and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Systemic thinking.
He is the author of eighteen books and three audiotapes on Coaching, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), training, sales, communication skills, management, coaching and systemic thinking.
His books have been translated into twenty nine languages and have sold over half a million copies worldwide.
His book ‘Introducing NLP’ has been the main reference textbook internationally for NLP for over ten years.
He is co – author with Andrea Lages of two books on coaching
Coaching with NLP (Thorsons 2004 – translated into nine languages)
How Coaching Works (AC Black 2007)
President and Co-Founder of Lambent an InternationalTraining and Consulting company in Sao Paulo and London.
Lambent is the Delivery centre for Ekman trainings in Spain and Portugal.
Co – Founder of the International Coaching Community (ICC)
Director and co founder of the Master Coach Academy.
Co-founder and director of ROI Coaching, specialist coaching for financial executives, and he is Visiting Professor of Coaching, ISCTE University Business School, Lisbon, Portugal.
NLP Master Trainer (International Community of NLP – 2001)
Master Trainer of Coaching (International Coaching Community 2001)
Master Trainer and Life Member (Australian Board of Neurolinguistic Programming 2006)
B.Sc. (Honours) Anthropology from London University
L.R.A.M. from the Royal Academy of Music
England, USA, Denmark, Finland, Germany (Keynote speaker at National Conference), Poland, Sweden, Mexico, Hong Kong, Singapore, Czech Republic, Turkey, Tunisia, Austria, New Zealand (Keynote speaker at national NLP conference), Argentina, Chile, Australia (keynote speaker at the international NLP conference) and Brazil.
Joseph was the first European Trainer to give NLP seminars in Chile.
He was the first NLP trainer to give public NLP seminars in the Czech Republic.
He was awarded the medal of the Singapore National Community Leadership institute for his work in training and consultancy in 1996.
– Citibank – Creating a coaching culture and executive coaching.
– Panama Canal Authority – Team Coaching
– British Telecom – Team building and setting up new business units.
– UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organisation) – systems thinking training and consultancy in quality management for development programs.
– Noble Oil – diversity coaching
– British Airways – sales training and consultancy
– HP Invent –Training consultants and executive coaching.
– Petrobras – Developing Competencies
– BAX Global – Coaching
– Arlington Consultants – Change management initiatives
– Interbrew – leadership and team development.
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book before July 15,2013 and get a 20% discount. The fee for the training is EUR 1584 plus VAT (20%) giving a total fee of EUR 1900
After July 15,2013 the registration fee is of EUR 1980 plus VAT (20%) giving a total fee of EUR 2396
Tax will be automatically added before doing the payment with your credit card.
The course is in English
Morning and afternoon refreshments are provided.
This course is organized in collaboration with: