International Coaching Certification Training
A chance to enjoy a fantastic training, gain new skills and join the International community of coaches with members in many different parts of the world, dedicated to high quality and standards in the coaching profession.
This is a truly international course – it has been given so far in sixteen countries with certified coaches in 59 countries.
The ICC is one of the largest professional membership organizations of coaching in the world. Taking and passing this training is the way to join.
- Tactical coaching – how to make the most difference in one session.
- How to conduct strategic coaching over a long time frame.
- Skills to help clients find more satisfying lives.
- Developing and using your intuition.
- How to work with your client’s goals.
- Working with the client’s highest values.
- Formulating action plans that work.
- How to conduct the all important first session.
- The powerful questions that change clients’ lives and WHEN to use them.
- How to task clients for the best results and what to do if the client does not do the task.
- How to help a client through their fears and mental blocks.
- How to market your coaching.
- The ethical guidelines of coaching.
- The Art of listening and the levels of listening.
- Working with and changing clients’ limiting beliefs.
- Helping clients to design their best future with long-term goals.
- Developing your own coaching style.
- How to time your interventions for the maximum impact.
- When to be directive and when to be non-directive.
- How to make requests and challenges, and design tasks.
- Systemic thinking to find the leverage point in your coaching.
- To get the maximum change for the minimum effort.
- The Inner Game (Timothy Gallwey).
- Transformational Coaching (Thomas Leonard).
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Richard Bandler and John Grinder).
- Ontological Coaching (Fernando Flores).
- Integral models of coaching (Ken Wilber).
- Behavioural coaching for managers.
The basis of the course is Congruent Coaching. Congruent Coaching is an integrated approach to getting the best from yourself and your clients.
Become certified as an International Coach
If possible, participants should read ‘How Coaching works’ by Joseph O’Connor and Andrea Lages, before the course.
Participants who wish to be certified as an International ICC coach will also need to complete a number of projects after the training.
These after course requirements may vary by country. Please check with the trainer and organization in your country for exact requirements.
1. Book summary / Review
To make a written review of one book from a reading list of relevant books on coaching provided at the training. This summary / review will be distributed to all the participants and the trainer for comments and feedback.
2. A self-coaching project
Each participant will work on a project of his or her own self-development. They need to present their goals for the project; the values it embodies and their action plan to the trainer within one month of the end of the training. This project can involve a course of study, or any self development activity.
The project needs to be completed in three months and a written report given to the trainer.
3. Coaching Project
Participants will coach three clients of their choice, each for a minimum of two hours. They need to present a written report of these coaching projects to the trainer within six months of the initial training. A video with a written commentary is also acceptable. The written material need only present feedback and must be consistent with the confidentiality agreed between coach and client. Each client will also be asked to give feedback to the ICC about the coaching process.
Participants who complete the training to a satisfactory level and complete the after training practical tasks will earn the ICC International Coaching Certificate.
Who is this training for?
Do you want to be more effective in helping people get the best results in their business and personal lives?
A manager? Involved in Human resources development?
Doing work that involves helping, encouraging, motivating or changing others?
Coaching is one of the best ways of making the most of your skills to help people and earn money.
If you are already a coach, this training will expand your skills and give you new tools and choices in your coaching work. Coaching helps a person change in the way they wish and go in the direction they want to go. Coaching supports a person at every level in becoming who they want to be and being the best they can be.
Awards and Accreditations
Lambent Coaching MethodologyThe Lambent International Coaching Certification Training is the ICC level one training course.
EMCC Quality AwardIt was awarded a European Quality Award (EQA) in 2010 by the European Coaching and Mentoring Association (EMCC). It therefore also meets the requirements of the International Coach Federation (ICF) ACC Portfolio path.